Thursday, August 16, 2012

Faux Realness


Now what exactly is this "Faux Realness" you speak of? 

I know that many of you would like to be able to make your DIY and fashion projects out of the real deal. Real leathers, skins, furs, expensive fabrics, and of course luxurious materials. Sadly we usually cannot, or at least I cannot afford said materials and items, so I turn to the next best thing… Faux! That's right FAKE! The next best thing is sometimes the first best thing…

Something I work with a LOT is faux leather, I LOVE the look of real leather but not the price or difficulty it comes with. When working with faux it really is so much simpler, and cheaper! Faux leather materials are so much easier to work with. Cutting is a dream, and sewing is actually more simple than you think!

I myself am no stranger to faux materials. I am a LOVER of cheap rhinestones, faux pearls, beads, metals, just about anything come to think of it. I generally use faux materials in the creation of everything I make. Strange. Come to think of it, everything I have made with things like faux leather have not only been easier on my pocket, and easier to make, but also vegan! That's right no animals died for that bag. 

Cheap, easy, lovely, faux.

Faux Realness everybody!

Now back to my Rhinestoned Dreams,
Zane Walker

(PS I don't think I've ever typed "faux" so much in my life, except the last time I surfed the web for magenta faux fur… so two days ago... I should stop now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment