Friday, August 31, 2012

DIY: Miu Miu Inspired Embellished Socks (Slouchy Edition)




As you may or may not know by now I LOVE embellishment… and Miu Miu! So obviously I was bound to DIY a pair of Miu Miu inspired embellished socks! This is the first of many pairs I plan on making. These were an old pair of slouchy socks I had lying around. Once I thought to DIY these I instantly visioned them paired with a pair of slouchy combat boots…. time to DIY!


Materials:
-Various beads and sequins of your choice (vintage buttons would also be a nice touch)
-Socks
-Needle & thread
-LOTS of time!



This is actually a very easy DIY, except it is very time consuming! I suggest situating yourself with a movie or TV show while doing so… this is going to take some time! I began by thinking of a general design pattern I wanted to go with. A large copper colored sequin paired with a bead in the center, then smaller sequins and beads surrounding. This ended up making what turned out to look like a snowflake-esque design. Then random beads, sequins, and faux pearls sewn on to kind of fill in some of the design.




It's simple; sew, sew, and sew! Then wear!

Now back to my Rhinestoned Dreams,
Zane Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment