Saturday, September 22, 2012

DIY: Embellished Collar Necklace


I'm sure you've all seen all of the amazing embellished collars and collar necklace pieces on the runways this past year… Well I also happened to long after many of those pieces, so I DIYed an embellished collar necklace!


Materials-
-Faux leather 
-Various beads
-Various rhinestones and faux pearls
-Any other embellishments you might want to use
-Beading wire
-E-6000
-Jewelry finishings (key rings, large jewelry connectors, jewelry connectors, lobster clasps, chain, etc…)

I began by folding a piece of paper in half and drawing a peter pan collar shape. Then I cut it out and tried on the paper version in front of a mirror. Once I was pleased with the shape and sizing (this took a few different versions) it was time to trace the template onto the back of faux leather. And cut…


Time to play! Play around with all of your embellishments, beads, buttons, rhinestones, faux pearls, etc. etc. Once you find out a placement begin stringing beads on wire (that is if you are using beads) and glueing it all down using the most amazing and SUPER strong E-600… Make sure to use in a well ventilated area!


Continue playing around with more embellishments once you have your base design. Each time I found a placement I kind of liked I took a picture for reference and tried another until I found what I liked best.



I finished off the collar with these mini black rhinestones I had lying around… sadly I used up all the ones I found. 



Next cutting off any excess fabric and trying on just to get an idea of your finished product. Then I finished off the ends of the wire used on the beads on the edges and reused some old key rings I had lying around as a large connector to the chains. I then connected a chain to each of the rings and attached a lobster clasp to the end of the shorter chain. And just like that I gained a new embellished collar necklace! 

Now back to my Rhinestoned Dreams,
Zane Walker




No comments:

Post a Comment